Thursday, March 10, 2011

Trying Out A New Lens

I just purchased the 50mm f/1.4 canon lens and I think I'm in love! This lens will be a great addition to my collection of lenses for weddings and portraits. I can not tell you enough how excited I am to use it this Saturday for a wedding event! I'm sure I will have lots to share!


When I decided to by a prime lens I went back and forth many times trying to figure out how much I should spend and what lens would be the best for the buck! Initially I wanted the L series 50mm f/1.2 but couldn't get myself to spend over $1,500 for it. I love my other L lens and totally think it's worth the money I spent on it, but when I could get another 50mm lens for way less... I had to start comparing reviews. Really, the f/1.4 and f/1.2 don't have a lot of difference other then the f/1.2 being extremely well built with better glass. When it comes down to sharpness and how well they shoot in low light, I've read that both are very compatible. I guess it all comes down to what your willing to spend, but in my case, I saved a lot of money and still get the great quality. However, you do need to know what you are doing with your camera settings to take advantage of this lenses great features.


Here are a couple practice snap shots I took of my two sweet puppies! This is the only one I was able to take of Ratchet before he hid under the table. For some reason both my dogs are camera shy.
{Ratchet}

 {Ike}

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Amber! I love your work! Anytime you need practice subjects, I have a couple I can lend you, LOL!

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete